Greetings loved ones!
It's just about the time of year that everyone sets new resolutions + intentions for the new year at hand, and who am I kidding-- I'll be doing that too shortly.
But first I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the past year. It's really easy to look back on a year an not know exactly what you did and why you should be proud.
My sweet friend Nicole introduced me to the idea of the anti-bucket list. It serves as a little summation of all the things I ended up accomplishing, regardless of whether or not I sat out to do so in the first place. A lot of things can happen in a year, you know?
- I worked on 129 different paid projects over the past year. A thing that 2015 Chelsea would have never dreamed of.
- Wrote down goals for every month, and completed well over half of them.
- I learned to prioritize my health + I found a work out routine that works well for me.
- I expanded my culinary horizons and ate at a few great restaurants that would have once intimidated me (Like Olamaie!)
- I became a morning person.
- I addressed my own unhappiness with my job and faced huge scary thoughts like "Is this what I'm supposed to be doing?" and "Do I want to get a full time job?" The answers we're HECK YES, and HECK NO respectively.
- I learned that I had a voice on this little slice of internet heaven and I began to refine how to use it.
- I voted in an election that I cared deeply about.
- I shot the cover of a magazine!
- I had my photos all over the place like in Tribeza, Austin Monthly, at Apartment Therapy, and in Forbes and Eater!
- We finally faced our dog problems and Hank is on an aggression rehabilitation plan that's WORKING!
- Tucker and I grew a ton in our relationship and learned a ton about each other. We've been together for nine and a half years y'all and if I could do it all over again the only thing I'd change is that I would have married that boy sooner.
- I shot for some awesome brands like 3M, She Shreds and Mashable at SxSW!
- Tucker and I took a vacation to Big Bend and Marfa and I shot only film!
- I made a lot of really wonderful friends.
- I decided to implement a schedule and a set day off!
- I also sat a weekly co-working date with a business bestie and kept it for 3 months!
- I hosted my first art show.
- I drank approximately 400 cups of coffee.
- And last but not least, I ran my own photography business for a fully year as my full time job!
What did you accomplish last year? I'd love to hear!